Michelle Korenfeld: I am a painter, poet, storyteller, and early childhood educator with a passion for nature and nurturing creativity and curiosity in children’s hearts and minds. I have more than twenty years’ experience introducing animals, art, and writing to young people in diverse settings, including public schools, museums, and institutes for gifted children. Over the years, I have developed my own interdisciplinary method of fostering creative thinking and appreciation for nature.
Creative Children like the Animals of the World is the unique product of my research, childhood development work, and collaboration with my two daughters, who teach me lessons on creative thinking every single day.
I believe much of children’s negative behavior derives from stifled or ignored creativity, and I hope this book provides them an opportunity to express their inner genius, which will help pave their way to a fulfilling and happy life.
Availability and Pricing:
I would love to connect via Skype in the Classroom. Author visits are free.
Creative Children Like the Animals of the World invites students to write and draw freely inspired by the animal stories, the poems, the paintings and the scientific facts.
The students present what they wrote, colored and drew in the book during the visit.
Therefore, the students need to have the book ordered and delivered from Amazon in advance.
Audience: School age children from kindergarten to 4th grade.
1) The students are inspired to read and to write, since they get the chance to present the creative ideas they wrote and drew
themselves. They are the coauthors and co-illustrators of the book.
2) The students’ presentations nourish a conversation that broadens their horizons. Their confidence to express their unique individual ideas is boosted.
3) The author visit includes readings from Creative Children Like the Animals of the World. The stories and poems were written through the eyes of children and in collaboration with my daughters. Therefore they inspire students’ curiosity, and grab their attention. The students appreciate the humor and acquire tools to resolve conflicts.
4) The author visit is also an artist visit, as the paintings of the book were painted by me. Colorfully and romantically they are a means of introducing art and nature to the students.
5) The visit helps to internalize environmental awareness, raise curiosity to science, nurture morals and values of tolerance and ignite creative thinking.
Website: www.RaisingCreativeThinkers.com www.MichelleKorenfeld.com